I already saw chemlawn

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Drivefaster35, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

It's the first week of March and 29 degrees outside and chemlawn's out puttin granular (i'm guessing barricade) down already the grass is still completely dorment. I can't imagine starting for atleast 3 weeks.

2. hanson's glc

hanson's glc LawnSite Member
    from mn

i have seen them out when the snow has only melted where the sun hits about 3 week early. start the money comen in.

3. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

They're out around here too.
    But the prills they're putting down are certainly not orange or yellow....
    they're ALL WHITE !!!

So that means it's either 46-0-0 urea, or something like 0-0-46 potash, that they probably had left over from their final application of '07. :nono:

Trugreen seems to like to try to "sneak in" a round of fert before the pre-emergent round's 'time' comes up.
    Why?
    Beats me!
    :nono:

All it does is begin to stir the pot of disease issues later in the spring and early summer.
    :cry:

4. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have a friend that had Tru-Green Last year, and he cancelled halfway through the season. They came by this year and put down a round. When he called to ask why, they gave him the Autorenew BS, (I autorenew my clients, but only if they were still a client at the end of the season, and they get a notice that they were autorenewed). and when he asked if it was pre-emergent, they told him it was straight fert.

The only reason he had TG is that I refuse to work for close friends, I had talked him into switching to Lawn Doctor (Our Lawn Doctor Franchise is actually pretty decent here)

5. Marcos

If they did that to our yard, by mistake or whatever..and if they used Barricade, etc.

I'd demand that they'd apply activated charcoal...immediately !!

:cool2:

And if I couldn't get grass to germinate on my own that spring, summer, or fall ....you can bet your @&& they'd be back in the fall, renovating !!

TGCL isn't a lawn care company any more ...it's just simply a 'marketing conglomerate' that's lucky if it has any qualified lawn techs left !!

6. grapeford

grapeford LawnSite Member

Any of my customers who have TG, tell them not to be on the on the property until I've done my spring cleanup. If they come before me, we dethatch, rake, and call them to reapply *(at their own expense) after we're done. I don't put up with that crap. I let them know what day I mow *(give or take with weather) and if i see they've come, I mow and they come back and reapply. It's like training your kid or a puppy. You don't get points for being stupid.

7. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

TGCL out fetilizing the first week in march is nothing new. That 1st app is nothing more than straight urea. They claim its for early green up. Problem is that fert is put down on frozen soil and the grass dosen't green up any faster than if you did nothing at all. Look at one of those lawns a month later I doubt if you see anything. They will be doing their second round before the 1st round had any response. On top of that our office gets the phone calls from our customers asking " my neighbors lawn got done by TGCL 2 weeks ago how come were not done yet? " and we have to try and explain why! I've seen these guys go over snow , around snow piles, apply on top of last falls leaves you name it. When your doing 7 or 8 apps a season you gotta start early:laugh:

8. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

TGCL out fetilizing the first week in march is nothing new. That 1st app is nothing more than straight urea. They claim its for early green up. Problem is that fert is put down on frozen soil and the grass dosen't green up any faster than if you did nothing at all. Look at one of those lawns a month later I doubt if you see anything. They will be doing their second round before the 1st round had any response. On top of that our office gets the phone calls from our customers asking " my neighbors lawn got done by TGCL 2 weeks ago how come were not done yet? " and we have to try and explain why! I've seen these guys go over snow , around snow piles, apply on top of last falls leaves you name it. When your doing 7 or 8 apps a season you gotta start early:laugh:

9. Marcos

Wanting TGCL to throw more fert down ?
    On top of an already too-early fert app...of (most likely) urea ???[/B]

Man, grapeford...you're gluten for punishment, and lots of 'brown patch'... later !!

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Has anyone seen Trugreen do an app over snow??
    My brother is a mgr for a local LCO in Iowa, and says they are out mid March annually, slapping their concoction down over snowbanks:)