1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

I am 13 years old just started out

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by metro36, Aug 24, 2006.

1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Hi...My name is Sean and I just started I out in the business. I am from long Island New York all started when my neighbor asked me to cut his grass. At the moment he is the only lawn I mow. I have a 21'' toro self propelled mower, echo trimmer, echo hedge trimmer, and cubb commercial hand held blower. All of the equipment is my fathers. Next season if I get enough lawns I may buy a 36''. My main interests are my business and skiing.

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Its not a business at 13 its a chore...

3. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Just a question here...How is it a chore cutting your NEIGHBORS yard?

4. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

GOOD LUCK GETTING JOBS AT 13, been there done that.

5. metro36

Getting jobs is my only problem. Most of my neighbors have someone else cut their lawns. I have another lawn lined up for next summer. There are also a lot of houses for sale on my road and once they are sold I will try to give them a bid before anyone else does. I am also trying to get fall cleanups. Most of my neighbors hate spending their weekend raking so I may get some cleanups.

6. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

You will do just fine, good luck and most of all have fun!

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I would put some fliers out on your street ad a few streets in your neighboorhood. This might help you get a few clean-ups.

Some help in advance: what size are the properties in your area and is it very heavily wooded?
    Give us some feedback and we might be able to help so you don't screw yourself on clean-up pricing qoutes! Good Luck!

8. metro36

I already have handed out fliers on my street and others.

Most of the properties are 1/2 or 1 acre. Most are not heavily wooded but some of the back yard are.
    Thanks for the feedback.

9. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

hey metro36, i live on long island too... where are you from. i am from nassua county... LawnInOrder

10. metro36

I am from Riverhead. I know of a bunch of 36'' for sale so pm me and I tell you were they are and what condition they are. :usflag: