I am about to give up...

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

That was what I thought at first, because I have areas like that on the North side of houses everywhere. DGL, claimed there was very little shade over this area.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Looks just like some bermuda spots in my own lawn and some of my clients.

3. WannaBeOrganic

WannaBeOrganic LawnSite Member

I'm not sure if he's correct. When you look at the shadows cast by the trees on the right it looks like the photo was taken in mid day. The troubled area is already half in shade when the photo was taken and based on the angle of the house shadow it appears to be worse towards the bottom of the photo where the shadow is wider.

It's had to tell from such a small photo but the bottom left hand of the picture looks like there might be some exposed roots. Could just be compression artifacts. Along with the mention that drainage had to be installed led me to believe water was sheeting off the roof and leading to erosion. Hard to make out but I don't think there's a downspout in the corner. Maybe there are no gutters at all.

Any chance that's not a gable end and the roofing is a redish brown asphalt shingle?

4. Grohorganic

Grohorganic LawnSite Member

my vote is a light issue and maybe something to do with the pad that the house was built on but go for the light first.

then just add some mulch and hostas to cover the affected area, dont fight mother work with her!!!!!

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Hell its Georgia, its hot, its dry and no rain in sight...be glad anything is green here at all!!

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Well we are back to freezing up here in Wisco. Hope some of this cold air reaches you. :)

7. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

So how would there be a strip of green thick grass in between the bad spots if it is a shade issue?

If you wanna try the shade problem, plant some Red Fescue. It prefers shade.

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

thats where the dog pees:dizzy:

9. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Deep,

Does the drain pipe turn towards the house about where the AC is at? When was it installed?

10. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Deep....I think If It was my job,I would simply soil test the bad part and also test the good part near by......If the test results looks pretty much alike
    then Its not the soil thats giving you grief......But If your test come back showing that the bad area Is In the red...I would then be focused on the soil.
    You stated the the soil was chalky....I know Your In a different part of the world than where I a'm But.... I may be thinking of slicing that soil right out of there and replacing It with some of your DeepGreen Prime:)....Just a thought....alot of times you can just look at the soil and see that Its crap
    It may need to be changed:waving: