I am bored to death

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Dec 17, 2004.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I've been done working for about a week. I've been basically veggin' on the couch since then, not doing anything. I've watched all the movies I wanted to watch over the summer. I've caught up on all my lazy time. I even did all my pre-tax stuff. Now I'm bored to death. Thought about getting a part time job, as my wife suggested, but I hate working for other people. Went for a walk and worked out a couple times. Maybe it will snow soon. I'm going to go crazy this winter.

2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell me about it, I thought I would been out plowing at least once by now. I deliver pizza about 15 hours a week so that breaks up a few of my days. My sleep schedule is all screwed up to. :cry:

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I know what you mean by the sleep schedule. I am now on my "snow removal" and "stay up late watch good movies schedule."

I actually can not wait until the season starts up. The only thing I am not looking towards is the spring clean ups for the snow plows and I feel they will be horrible this year. The reason being is that we received a lot of snow while the ground was still very soft and not frozen

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I am glad to know I'm not the only one with a screwed up sleep schedule.

:D

5. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, as a wonderful guy I am offering a mentoring service this winter. See I have lots of remodeling, painting, walls, ect to do in my house and shop and would like to mentor someone on home improvement. You may even be able to learn proper sidewalk shoveling, loading salt, and cleaning the business truck skills. Just think this is like going to school for FREE!!! Let me know if you are interested........ :p

WAY to busy here!!! :dizzy:

6. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

You guys have got to be kidding.Come to my house.Our youngest(2nd child) just turned one year old yesterday.In to everything.We constantly have to run behind him to make sure he doesn't get hurt.
    Our 3rd child is due any moment,even though my wife had her tubes tied the day after we had child #2.So,now we'll have two toddlers running around at the same time.
    If you're bored,I'll pay for your plane ticket to come help with the kids.I'll guarantee you won't be bored anymore.You'll just be glad to get a little sleep.
    Enjoy your free time. :help:

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Screwed up sleep schedule? Me too, and I'm loving every minute of it :D

8. bblawncareprofessionals

bblawncareprofessionals LawnSite Member

Normally if a wife gets pregnant and the man had "his" tubes cut, you start suspecting the neighbors "know" your wife a little too good. Does that mean if she had "hers" tied, she's suspecting YOU "know" the neighbors too good? ;)

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

go to the track. it's fun

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

When I think of the track, I think of old fat bald guys sitting around smoking cigars. Doesn't sound like much fun to me.. :sleeping: