1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

"i am disapointed in the inconsistancy"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

wow, what a call. she was upset because i don't cut on the same day each week. target day is thursday. sometimes i'm there wed, sometimes thurs, sometimes friday. it takes a total of about 6 minutes to do the service. i'm there every week, just not the same day. input?
  2. moremowing4me

moremowing4me LawnSite Member
    from S.C.

if you are seriously trying to be there on thurs. then she should just deal with it. I know that I try to make it on the same day that I am scheduled to be there but it is not always possible. I do what I can and if that is not acceptable then we move on to the next Harry homeowner
  3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

At least you're not dealing with a 10 day account.
  4. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Barring inclement weather you should be there on the same day every week. This business is a 2 way street. We (LCO's and Customers) both expect certain things out of each other and everything runs smoothly when we both get those things.
  5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

At least you are consistant in your inconsistancy!

I have no problems like this and all of my properties are cut on different days because of my F.D. schedule. They adapt well. I have never had a complaint.
  6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I can't relate. I always show up within within two hours of the same time and can not remember when I was a day late, at least a year now of batting 1000. Maybe you should analize your methods and buy some decent equipment?
  7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i keep the same excat schedule. but i always stress that we're there once a week, on so and so day.."give or take".
    as long as its cut for the weekend hoedown, they don't seem to mind.
  8. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Don't you brag about being done at 2 pm daily? Maybe it should be 2:06 on Thursday. :waving:
  9. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

being i have a similar schedule..
    it has nothing to do with equipment, or methods. running a business in a busy city, there are always variables involved.. on top of the business decisions to be made daily. i try to do alot of the extra work on the spot, if possible.

trimming for instance. mid day, and an old lady asks that a trim a small hedge. rather then put it off, i try to knock it out right there.
    traffic also plays a huge roll!!!...
    decent equipment?
    where are you located that you can breeze through your route unhindered?
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No matter how we try, it is just impossible for us to keep that close to a schedule. At this time of year, they should be grateful that it's even cut within a day or two of the target day. I feel that at this time of season, especially with the weather situation we've had, you are doing ok.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.