I am getting a new boss plow what size should i get?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Raven386, Nov 28, 2007.

?

What size plow?

1. 7' 6"

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 8'

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

7' 6" or 8'. Its going to be a Super Duty Trip-Edge.....

2. Raven386

from CT

i already asked on plowsite....just thought id ask here too. Im going to be doing residential driveways mostly, maybe 1 or 2 small lots.

3. mowtivations lawncare

mowtivations lawncare LawnSite Member

personally, i have the Western uni mount 7'6". i also have the detachable "ears" that will make it about 9 feet total. i havent used it yet, but i'm assuming u can get more done with the bigger plow but if all ur focusing on is residential, u dont wanna get too big 'cuz u risk tearing something up. just my 2 cents. maybe a more seasoned vet could elaborate.

4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

8' trust me. I bought my 8' boss last year. Going into my second season of plowing now and I am taking it in to get the wings put on because I need more width to get them done faster (will make it just under 10'). Signed too many contracts!

Trust me you will regret the 7 6 if you get it.

5. Raven386

from CT

thanks for everyones input. i would really like to hear more if you have it! thanks again! - matt

6. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would strongly recommend atleast 8'. If it was me, I would probably go to 8'6" even!

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Go with a 8ft plus. I have been plowing for many years and you will regret not buying one. One of the big reasons is because it clears more snow away from the truck so you don't get stuck as often and save time. Plus the plow is heavier so you can back drag snow away from garages better.

8. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

I'd also consider the Boss V with smartlock cylinders and the new style edges. More money but way more versatile. If I were you I'd get away from driveways and concentrate on commercial lots. JMHO

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

and why do you say this??? Whats he going to do look at his new plow setting in this own driveway???

10. Raven386

from CT

Id rather stay away from commercial lots for a while.. I think ive made up my mind, going to get a 8' Boss S/D Trip Edge. Thanks for everyones input! really appreciate it. I will make sure i post pics when i get it installed.