I am going crazy!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Trinity Lawn Care LLC, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Is it me or are there other people that can't get their minds settled down about next year.

It seems that next year is consuming my thoughts. I have trouble sleeping at nights some nights. I am constantly brainstorming, and trying to think of ways to improve my business. I seem to be more consumed with my business now then I was when I was working 10 - 12 hrs a day.:dizzy:
  2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Kinda like Hank Hill eats, sleeps, and breathes Propane and Propane Accessories.

Many of us are thinking about how to get the Helll out of lawns.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

When you've been in this business as long as some or us here, you'll learn to chill out this time of the year and just relax
  4. PLMaint.

PLMaint. LawnSite Member

Your not alone trinity, same feeling here.
  5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

from NJ

I hear ya Albemarie. I have a unique opportunity. My wife and I sold our house and are currently living at my in-laws. We will be here over the winter and maybe even thru till next fall. Since I have the chance to enter my 2nd yr with little overhead I want to make the best of it. Being new to the industry (only going on 2nd yr) I still enjoy doing the work. I grew up working for my family digging graves and doing concrete work. As I got older I thought the corporate route was more for me. Got paid really well, but I really hated it. I want to make the best of this. I feel that I am off to a good start around 60 accounts. I guess it is the 2nd yr anticipation that is just making me dizzy.

Rodfather- I am sure in time I will learn to chill out. I sure hope so(lol). I hope that it is soon I would like to sleep sometime before March:)
  6. PLMaint.

PLMaint. LawnSite Member

We plow also, but not much snow this year, alot of time on my hands, not use to it
  7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

from NJ

PLMaint, Yeah would be nice to get a little snow. We don't get much here where I am located. A couple a counties over will get hammered and we will be lucky if we get 1"-3". Most of the time we just get flurries when others get snow.
  8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Trinity your not alone
  9. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Been in the biz fulltime since 93 and this timeof year i always worry about how next year will be .... customer rentention , drought, to much rain ect we have to much free time on hands right now and are getting rested up from last year so as we arent very tired the mind races , i guess i will never change iam a perfectionest and i love being so busy iam covered up for 8 months outa the year
  10. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not losing any sleep over it but yes, I'm constantly trying to come up with ideas to grow & improve.