I am just getting started commercially

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by paridise, Feb 21, 2005.

1. paridise

paridise LawnSite Member

I live in south carolina and i have a couple questions about placing bids on commercial landscape maintenance. how much more can i charge a business than i can a residential job. I dont want to skrew my self and lose money. For example I place a bid with Chick- Fil- A for $240 a month would that be a good bid. The job would take about 1 - 2 hours

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

for here, that bid would work. but, bid your cost. so first find out how much it costs YOU per hour to do business. after you find that out, add your hourly wage. remember that profit should be added in to your cost of doing business, I like to have 20% profit.

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

We charge for our time. My mowers don't know if they are on commerical or residential. Commerical can be a little tighter but I still need to make my overhead and profit.
    So they are priced the same.

4. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

send me a full financial disclosure of your business...........your overhead.....maybe some profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and tax returns........then i may be able to help you out with what you need to charge....

excuse me while i cut and paste this response to 100 more threads

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

And 100 invoices for "services provided"...lol

6. Rougher83

Rougher83 LawnSite Member

I agree with PMLawn. Do your costs change from residential to commercial...the mulch still costs you the same regardless! Now your liability might increase which could result in an increase in price for res. -vs- comm. but not the material.

7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

That was funny, the first time I read it.
    :waving: