1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I am just getting started. Truck, and my modest eqiupment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Andy31, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Andy31

Andy31 LawnSite Member

I figured I would just jump in an introduce myself and show a few pics. I figured what is the worst thing that could happen? I may get ridiculed off the site, OK I'll risk it.

My name is Andy Ward. I am 31 and find myself back in school pursuing my education to become a food animal vet. Since I have at least six more years of school ahead of me I figured I better find a job I love. I worked as a landscaper in the past. I left landscaping to join the Air Force. I served six years as KC-10 Crew Chief. I am now a civilian again,and trying to be a landscaper once again.

I have never owned my own business before. I obviously have a lot to learn, and eager for the knowledge.

Here are some pictures of my truck with graphics, equipment, door hanger and a clean up:
    [​IMG][​IMG]I forgot to lay out the hedge trimmer, but it is in the next pic.[​IMG]In progress/ before[​IMG]At first they did not want mulch, but soon changed their mind, I mulched it a few days later.[​IMG]This is my first attempt at flyers/ door hangers.[​IMG]
  2. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Lookin good.
  3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks good,nice setup.
  4. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

the lettering on the truck looks great...soon as you can buy a used walkbehind! Skip 36" and go right to 48"....unless you have a lot of gated lawns.

Also invest in some nicer fliers, that truck puts off a good image...the fliers and 21" don't make you look any better then most of the guys on here...and these guys represent a good amount of the industry...sadly
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Andy31

Andy31 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys,
    I agree in regards to the flyers and 21". I hope to buy a nice walk behind near the end of August. I will also be shopping for a trailer at the same time.
    The flyers were a result of me trying to be cheap, and I guess it portrays the same theme. O well live and learn. My next flyers will be done right by an online printing firm with proper design elements.
    Thanks again for the complements.
  6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good man. Some customers prefer the 21
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Nice start. Love the truck
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Matt Hermann

Matt Hermann LawnSite Member

Your grass needs to be cut!
  9. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking good! Is that truck a diesel or gasser?
  10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Its gas. Look at the tailpipe
    Posted via Mobile Device