i am looking for a broad-spectrum liquid non 2-4-d weed control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Feb 24, 2002.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i am just in the thinking stage now and i am thinking about going non 2-4-d this year.. can anybody give me and idea whats out there on the market...i been meaning to call uhs but keeps slipping my mind. looking for a broad-spectrum liquid broadleaf weed control.
    ant

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Whats wrong with 2,4d? My favorite selective herbicide on the market is Momentom made my leso. It contains 2,4d and confront so it controls an extremly wide range of weeds.

3. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

check out lesco's Eliminate. Works well and has a low oder.

M

4. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

I've use Confront with good results. No odor, but it does not knock down dandelions as fast a 2-4-d.

5. Meagle816

Meagle816 LawnSite Member
    from mo

trimec 959 is D-Free. don't knock down weeds as fast as D-products. usually takes 10-14 days to see results. from past experience i would prefer 2-4 d.customers would like to see quiker results than what d-free products provide. i've had to make numerous service call to go back & retreat even though weeds were dying, because of customer perception is weeds were still there.if you use D-free,better educate your customers about how the product works and you may make trips back out to retreat for no reason.

6. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

We use Battleship have no complaints. Except lady who comes out every time she is home and points out every weed (usualy 1 or 2 in whole lawn.