1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

i am looking for the best product

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bakerc8, Oct 10, 2008.

1. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

is the stihl FS 55 R, echo smr-210, or Shindaiwa 22T a better product i whant a good low cost stringtrimmer for the mexicans to use that i will have working for me this season

2. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

umm...spell check and "Mexicans" ????

Nice post.

3. djchiodo3

djchiodo3 LawnSite Senior Member

You don't want to buy cheap and then give to your employees. Buy top notch commercial 2 or 4 mix stihl. If you buy cheap you will be buying two before you know it. Have a friend with 7 crews, all he uses is stihl.

4. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

ok i will use it but its still commercial but not the best one they make that's what i was saying

5. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Buy cheap equipment and you'll get less than cheap results. I use Stihl FS 90 and FS 110 trimmers. As a previous poster indicated. Buy the best of the best when you have employees. First of all, its going to be abused more than what you would do, simply because its not thiers and they didn't buy it. Second, there is nothing worse than having a trimmer or two break and you have people on the clock trying to get your lawns mowed. Increases the pucker factor alittle.

6. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

Echo SRM-230's work well for my muchachos. And I use Edgits.

7. Genlandscape

Genlandscape LawnSite Member

The Echo srm260s is a great machine, more torque than the 230's and they will run for ever, solid steel drive sharts don't shear like flex shafts.

8. Genlandscape

Genlandscape LawnSite Member

Oh yeah, "Mexicans" !?:nono::hammerhead:

9. djchiodo3

djchiodo3 LawnSite Senior Member

Be carefull. You don't want to hurt someones feelings. And remember Burok's full name is Burok Hussein Obama

10. markahurley

markahurley LawnSite Senior Member

"burok?" please tell me you're kidding.