1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I am looking to Buy lawn accounts in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MOUNTAINVIEW LANDSCAPING, Feb 26, 2008.

I have an established lawn business and i am looking to expand. I want to add 50 to 100 lawn accounts in the Marlton area and looking to add 50 to 100 lawn accounts in the Bridgewater/Middlesex area. I am willing to buy some if not all the accounts if the price is right. I am also looking for other suggestions on how to go about expanding my business.
    Thanks in advance
  2. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Mountain View,

I cant really answer your question but you are about a half hr away and am curious what you charge for a yard. Say around 10k sqft. Probably about 30 minutes for one person to cut, trim, and blow, with a 36" mower.

Im going to be charging $35 and was hoping to see what you charge to see if Im too low.

Thanks for any help.
  3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

In other words, he's looking to add between 100-200 accounts this year ... for only 2 years in this business i would be concerned about that kind of growth !! Quality of work and employees is worth alot !!