I am new in the business

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bert'sLawn Care, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Bert'sLawn Care

Bert'sLawn Care LawnSite Member

Hello,

Last Sep. I started doing Lawn Care Maintenance, servicing Indian Trail, and near by towns in NC. I appreciate all advices and assistance as the business is moving forward. Thanks:)

2. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

Buy once cry once. Buy the absolute best equipment possible. It sucks up front but in the long run it pays off exponentially. Charge appropriately and do the best possible work, your customers will appreciate that even though you aren't the cheapest in town. Some won't and some will let you go, and that's fine, crappy customers are a dime a dozen, as are crappy lawn men.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

4. TRDye76

TRDye76 LawnSite Member

Welcome neighbor. We have been doing this work since 2012 and recently won 2 large 5 year contracts. Stay honest, work hard, and do the best on every job. Go above and beyond, the customers you want will notice, and the ones you don't, well forget about em! My husband is OCD about details and that is how we won government contracts. They want attention to detail. They also pay about 35% more for jobs than regular maintenance. The only con is they pay on net 30. Hope this helps.

Our saying is "don't be the cheapest, be the neatest"

5. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Greetings and Welcome from the Sunshine State.
    easy-lift guy