i am ready for spring.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimslawncareservice, Jan 13, 2013.

1. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

YES, SPRING! I share the feelings of the poster who has been experiencing rain for a month. My yard is saturated, and I'm going nuts. I had to make a raised round bed for my pittosporum; it was drowning and turning yellow. I've been selling stuff out of my garage, and just getting out of the house to eat lunch around 11. The rain won't stop. The forecast says it may end on Thursday. I have to eat less too, or i'll get heavy real quick, because I'm not burning the calories. It's a battle with weight. I'm ready to get sore and grimy. Bring it.

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

it's rained 2 weeks straight here. the temps went up to 75 degrees one day. i thought the grass was gonna start growing lol. it's gonna be back down to the 30s this week though. alabama is like a box of chocolates. you never know what you gonna get.

3. skorum03

skorum03 LawnSite Senior Member

I'll take spring any time too. Being a small lawn care operation/college student I am damn near broke right now just because it hasn't been snowing. I plow with a local company but that does me no good when it won't snow anything more than just a few flurries.

YardBros Outdoors
    www.yardbros.com

4. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I just finished my last clean ups a few weeks ago. Not even thinking about spring yet. I am heading down to Florida in a couple weeks for a long over due vacation. Been hitting the weights and treadmill pretty hard and hanging with my kids. Do not even want to look at a mower. Unfortunately I have to take take the grandstand in to the dealer for some work, I don't even want to hook up my trailer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I started out the year good, this week is looking like a complete "WASH"

6. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

All you grumbling about rain, wait til summer when you'll be complaining about lack of rain.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not ready for spring.

8. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Good thing its slow. I'm in the ER
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

not sure im ready for spring yet but I would like to get a nice week or so to catch up on a few landscaping jobs and a last minute clean up call... then let the snow fall! Knee deep!

10. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Im ready for the mowing money to start coming in...and ready for baseball season. Im also praying this two year, ball-busting drought and record heat will be over this year.