i am ready for spring.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimslawncareservice, Jan 13, 2013.

1. hi_speedreed

hi_speedreed LawnSite Senior Member

I got some cabin fever, lol. Even when we get some nice days the ground is so sloppy wet that you can't do anything. Probably head up Dad's and do some rabbit hunting and maybe take a trip to the mountains to do some trout fishing. Other than that, I am bored outta my mind. Can't wait to get the blades spinning again.

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Already? Heck we haven't even had hardly any winter yet. Most of our snow is gone. Looks like early April around here. For droughts sake, we REALLY need a bunch more snow this winter. Another early, hot spring followed by no rain would be a disaster, like last year.

3. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Well since there's no snow and cold, well kind of, I'm ready for warmth and working. Only 3 snows in 2 months is boring.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I would say we are about 3 weeks into winter.

5. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

And this about all the snow we had last year. We need about 300" to catch up to the water table we had when I was growing up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

that's how it is. rains when you don't need it and doesn't rain when you need it. :laugh:

it would be awesome if it rained two weeks straight in august. instead we hardly get a drop lol.

7. Jimslawncareservice

from mn

What o don't understand is when the weather guy says that the ground and area are so moist its hard to get out of the cycle then WHAM its stops and you hardly get any after and vice versa with it being too dry.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Warm here, snow is all melted except some plow piles and I don't think the ground is even frozen. I was thinking of getting started on job ripping out wood mulch, putting in edging and crushed stone. Can't sit around doing nothing hoping it will snow.....

9. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

I'm enjoying my work this time of year. Mowing all my accounts once every two weeks, been doing leaf cleanups during the non mowing weeks, and filling in the gaps in the schedule with tree pruning jobs. Hoping to pick up a good amount of new accounts this spring. We could use the additional revenue.

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Season here is pretty much April to December and plowing IF it snows inbetween that...got one plowable storm so far.