I am such an idiot..

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Junior M, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

My brother in law got me some work from a friend of his who needs some dirt work and tree work around his shop(he's opening a shop specializing in Hondas and cars like that)

And he talked me into doing it really cheap to help both of us out and now I am really regretting it.. :wall

And I dont know what to do.. Hopefully this job requires permits and sense my dad isnt involved, I wont be able to do the job...

If not, I got a feeling I am about to lose my ass or worse.. [​IMG]

2. AHHHH, isn't family good.

3. Junior M

and he says he's gonna help. HA! bet that last an hour cause he has no idea what he's doing....

what was I thinking?! damn!

4. we all live and learn, at least we are supposed too.

5. Junior M

I am just nervous, I dont need to be risking money this far into winter... But I'll figure it out..

6. bighornjd

bighornjd LawnSite Member

Lowballer...:nono: :waving::laugh:

7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I just lost my butt on a job where I underestimated the amount of rock and had to hire a bigger machine out... Just do it and smile and do the best job you can. The customer was happy, I actually came in slightly under budged because I only charged for exact materials and since I screwed up on the labor.. I ate it but finished the job and did not cut a single corner.
    It will come back to you later as you will remember this when you bid..but it happens to ALL of us. You will come out better and not have any regrets...and I bet it will lead to something bigger and better!

8. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

That's about all you can do.

Bet you won't make that "working cheap for a family friend" mistake again though!:laugh:

This is the time to get creative, you'll make it work.:drinkup:

9. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

so you didn't do the job yet, whats the big deal? ..... if you think your gonna lose your a$$, then why go through with it?

10. Junior M

How you gonna tell a customer, "Oh, sorry I cant do it because I am an idiot and severly underpriced it to help a friend"

that wont go over well..

and I dont like being left hanging after somebody tells me they are going to do a job.. so why should I do that to him? Although I do have the chance that I'll need a permit to do the job, which I wont be able to get because Dads not involved..