1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I am willing to spend $200-250 on a weedeater

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blaster822, May 2, 2003.

1. Blaster822

Blaster822 LawnSite Member

if you can i need price es
  2. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

You better be willing to spend more if you want a good one.

Or are you looking for used? I have a few trimmers i could off, but it would be a long drive.
  3. stang358

stang358 LawnSite Member

If you are looking for a good trimmer at that price I would look at Home Depot. They sell Echo. I have the smaller one that they sell for $199. I keep it on the trailer as a backup since I got my Redmax. They also sell the larger one for $259. I would get the larger one for the difference in price. I have had good luck with it and have used it for 2 years. If I were you, I would spend a little more and get a Redmax, but for the money, it is hard to pass up the Echo.
  4. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

If you are willing to go $250 you can get the ECHO SRM 2400 Much more power to weight ratio for not much more money.
    Posted by Grazzmaster:
    PLEASE:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I have been doing commercial for 10 years. An Echo will hold its own with any of them.
  5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Stihl FS80R straight shaft $259 at my dealer. Identical to the famous FS85R but with a cable instead of a shaft. Don't take that wrong, it's not necessarily lighter duty! I would dare to say that the FS85 is possibly the most popular trimmer. I have the FS80 and love it, no problems thus far.
  6. Dependable Lawncare

Dependable Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have to agree with Stang. I bought the Husqvarna 322L this season and I like it a lot.

Starts on 2nd pull almost every time

For $259 it's a hell of a trimmer.

I bought mine on EBay for $200 :cool:
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Shindiawa T-230.......$299

8. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Kawasaki from Lesco,they have a model for 239.00:)