i am with you.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Heller Landscaping, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

Things were dry here till a couple days ago. Some lawns I have not cut in a month even lawns with spinkler systems i skiped 1 week. things are picking up though. Your not in it alone. How do you guys with all those truck and mower payments.What do your employies do with no work?

2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

No, work, you do landscape, do shrubs, mulch, ect..., we had 2 slow weeks of 20 hours a week, but past 2 days 8 and 10 hour days, and it'll be like that for the next 2 weeks, little cutting a day, but lots of landscaping jobs of every sort.

3. Just mowing , you will be out of biz at the first sign of a drought.

ALWAYS, I mean always plan a head!!!!

If you run your biz like a biz you have a plan. That plan is to line work up for slow times.

We are still working close to 60 hours a week, and the guys want more.

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

commercial work n monthly billing n like LGF say's "plan ahead" n line up them extra's

5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Sell monthly packages in regard to price. Helps with cash flow, justifies offering new services, and keeps employees around.

6. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Extra services are crucial in the lawn care business, as noted above. I could quit mowing for 4 weeks and stay busy with hedge trimming, once a month weedeating jobs, mulching, etc... In order to have progress, you must be willing to change. Without change, you'll never have progress. Good luck.

LAWNS AND MOWER

7. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Roll with the punches and do what you have to do to stay afloat. If this or any business were easy, everyone would be doing it. And like the saying goes... "The greater the risk the greater the reward." Do what you have to do, and it will work itself out.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Well, last week I said I would be able to get back on schedule this week because of the rain we got. Not a chance! It's actually gotten worse since last week. It's so bad the burmuda is seeding and going dormant and I've never seen that happen in the middle of summer before.

Most of my business (95%) is comprised of grass cutting. The mowers and truck payment are made and I've still got tons of cash in the bank from the great spring that we had here. Here's looking forward to September because August looks like it's going to be a wash.

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

with the heading on this post,i thot we were fixin to get some real help from upstairs. oh well cant blame a fella for hoping. by the way ,i am with u, on the post:)

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

As LGF said, mowing alone can kill you. Unless you have set monthly amounts coming in. Per cut basis can hurt. I haven't had a problem with drought all year. Actually, so much rain I've been behind all but about 3 weeks all year. Mowing alone has kept us extremely busy all season. The add-ons are killing us right now. :eek: