I ate dust today

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, May 17, 2010.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I ate dust, breathed it in, now I am coughing up brown sh*t right now, damn A/C in the Takeuchi wasn't working since I bought it, low Freon pressure, so I couldn't use the A/C while all the windows were closed while I was raking the driest desert sand for a horse riding ring.

Thermo King will be making a house call in the next few days thank God.

As soon as I got the machine home, I fired up the air compressor and gave my Asian girl friend a blow job she will never forget. And it made me sweat at the same time, good for her, good for me.

Then I gave myself a blow job, that was certainly interesting to say the least, sweat, dust, a bit of crusty grease and I was looking for a shower.

It was a fun 9 hour day, dust issues aside.
  2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

If it makes you feel any better, the IT28G that I run at work has 15,XXX hours on her and I'm willing to bet the A/C hasn't worked for the last 10,000. Right there with you man. Running a cab machine without A/C during summer is what separates the men from the boys. :drinkup:
  3. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

The A25C ADT's and 938's 950's didn't come with Air conditioners according to my company, so I bought mini air conditioners off craigslist you can usually find them under 100 bucks. Find a good spot for them in your cab and mount them in, if you're going to be spending the summer in it, it's worth it. Either that or a mini fridge. Plus when you switch machines it's easy to take out. Be clever, and just think something secure and stable out. Keeps you cool, and more energetic then the other guys. Your foreman will take notice. I also did the same thing with CD decks.
  4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the heads up, will look into it. I've thought about getting some tunes into that machine as well, I think at this point it'll be my staple machine.
  5. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

If you've got speakers and a factory radio in the machine, pull the factory deck, and buy a cheap one with a removable faceplate(for weekends) from best buy that will take your ipod. It wires up the same way as a car deck and you can usually get an adapter for your machine! No point in buying a good quality deck as your machine cab isn't set up for great acoustics anyhow. If you don't have any speakers, find a boom box with removable side speakers. Mount the speakers where they won't block vision, aka top corners of the cab/rops and wire the main center section into the cigarette lighter. I suggest you make your setup clean tho, no dangling wires all over the place and open connections. If it's it cleanly done it won't grab attention.
  6. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Unfortunately I know what you mean. The AC went out in my takkie a year or so after we bought it. It just happened to be a drought at the time and had 6" of the famous dust powder on the ground. Man running around with the windows down and the door open in 95 degree weather and that much dust was horrible. You get off the machine and brush the dust and dirt off you.
    The service guy was out there shortly after lol
  7. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

This is the reason I bought AC tools and figured out how to fix them asap! A set of gauges and a tank of R134A will set you back less than $200 for a good set!
  8. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

The cert is just an online test the last time my dad took. Being able to recharge A/C is the ****.
  9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

After Thermo King is done with Ron he will need a seat cooler to cool his backside :laugh:
  10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Thermo King was quick, I made the call and they told me this morning they could arrive.
    There was no pressure in the system, so after 30 minutes he pumped it back up and let it run for 10 minutes, now I will have icicles on my beard.