I bet I'll out handle you

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captken, May 3, 2003.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a Hustler 15 hp 37" walkbehind. It's awesome. The power to weight ratio puts my Hustler Z to shame. The speed and control using the H bar allows me precise control and ONE handed operation of the machine. The sensitive controls allow me to conserve my enegry for other things, easily the best of the best. About the same price as the Bunton that my Hustler dealer sells. We hear praise on these pages about other machines, but little about the Hustler. I bet anyone of you that tries a Hustler will not go back to your dinosaurs. I think this represents the defacto standard for now. Simple twist n go.
    The super will be my next purchase, when business allows.

2. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you want to bet!!!!!
    My mower is the daddy to your mower :D :D :D

mower.jpg

3. captken

I see ya P&J, I read your post after I placed mine. I can only imagine the awesome ability of the super. I am truly pleased with my 37" 15 hp version. Hustler has definitly done it again as far I'm concerned. I wish the Gate???? was already in production. I only bought the 37" for access, It has the power for a larger deck. Again enough can't be said in praise of the controls. Here in Memphis, it gets heads turning as there are so few of them in existence.

4. You sure it's not a 36"???????

5. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Its a 37 LGF

6. How much?

7. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking mower. If it is wider than a 36, my concern would be getting it through the many tight gates that I just barely scrape by now.

8. captken

I thought it would be a problem, getting into gates, so far the 1 inch difference hasn't caused any problems. I looked at the John Deere HD 45, and others. For my money, considering the overall quality of workmanship and engineering that went into designing this machine, the beefy frame and fabricated deck, the price, my choice was clear, Hustler is the machine for me.
    This holds true with my Hustler Z. I lusted after the John Deere 737 ZTR. I like green paint, [I'm a farmers son, familar with the big tractors as my dad only bought John Deere tractors and equipment, and a LOT of them over 40 years] it was hard not to be biased, but when put side by side with the Hustler the evidence is clear which one is the toughest built. The overall simplicity of the Hustler design makes it easy to service. Everthing is well thought out.

9. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking mower

10. ULTIMATE LAWN

ULTIMATE LAWN Banned
    from AL

Believe it or not the 1" difference on the Hustler would prevent it from getting through about 15 of our gates.