"I bet you guys are about done for the year"

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Sep 10, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We hear this every year once Labor Day hits, and I really don't know how to respond..:laugh:....... Anybody else hear this every year?

And what do you tell them?:confused: Do you tell 'em how it is, or.........:nono:

2. mkroher

mkroher LawnSite Senior Member

Uh..... i say "not even close..."

err wait... no one has ever said that to me. maybe that's what I WOULD say :)

3. americanlawn

from midwest

Just wait --- you'll hear it very very soon by some dumbsh$t at a convenient store. LOL

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I hope I'm finished by Christmas!

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

"No this is a very busy time--we finish about Halloween."

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

It's just getting cold & the leaves are falling. Then it starts snowing. I'm never done for the year.

7. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

"There is allways something to do"

8. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

End of october for normal lawn accounts. Then there is winter rye and shrubs

9. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know the process to become a licensed applicator for lawns in Pennsylvania. What do I have to do to? Where do I take the test? After I take the test when can I start working? Do I have to work for another licensed applicator before I can do things on my own? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

10. americanlawn

from midwest

We do round 4 up until October 20, then we start round 5 and try to finish by November 20. Irrigated lawns get aerated by early October......the rest get aerated in late October thru November. Some years, we get snow in late October >> then we wait until it melts, and go again. Most years, we get all our work done, but we'll take aeration requests thru early December just so the ground isn't frozen.

Last week a lady asked if we were about done for the year..........I didn't have the heart to tell her that most lawn mowing companies are mowing on Sundays right now just to keep up....jeeze!

Some years, we're mowing in early December >> hope it's that way this year too.