I blew it!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Nov 6, 2007.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny story. This customer of mine has been with me for years , but lately I beleive she is getting a bit scenile at her old age. The past few months she has been repeatedly asking me to blow out her front doorway that is recessed. Now Ive always done it for her, but she almost always asks me to reguardless on each visit and I just suck it in and say "Yes maam, shure will".

Yesterday Im finishing up her home and I havent seen her yet, so Im blowing things off when I start to blow out her front doorway. All of a sudden, she opens the front door and a whole crap load of leaves blows rite in her entryway. I immediatelly stop the blower and she is standing there :confused: . I hope now that she realizes that she doesnt have to ask me to blow her front entryway any more.
  2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

Whoops, did she sweep the stuff out her self or did she ask you do blow it out of her house?
  3. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Gotta love those people...:laugh:
  4. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

That's just an oldy for you, They forget alot sometimes and feel like they have to repeat everything. I don't like it when they come out when i'm running equipment period, even more when they come and keep nagging about every little thing. Oh well
  5. bobcat52

bobcat52 LawnSite Member

one of my customers always asked me to clean the dogs poop off her carpet. I told my worker to give her an estimate, and he did for $140, she wasnt interested after that !
  6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I had an older ladt who is in a home now and she would stand there on the porch screaming at the top of her lungs at me while I am running the mower or trimmer or blower WITH my ear protection on mind you. Every so often I would turn and see her screaming and just sigh and go see what she wanted. Most of the time she just wanted to hand me the check. Why can't she wait til I get through and come to the door?
  7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I think its halarious when people start talking to me when the mowers or trimmer are still running, then when i turn em off before i get my head phones off they start talking again, or continue talking! just not smart.
  8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

what is even funnier is this same lady, I could leave the mower or blower runing wide open and just speak to her at a normal volume and she would say "HUH?" or "DO WHAT?" sigh:hammerhead:
  9. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

A lady did that to me last week. She comes out on the back deck and starts waving her hands and talking will the mower running at full throttle and my ear protection is on.
  10. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

As my old working buddy would say: You keep living,you'll find out. How true....:laugh: