I bought a Everride Scorpion FX 34" Today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Enforcer, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Well, I know not many people have used the 34" FX, and I bought one today. I just thought you guys would like to see some pics, and not all of you get over to the pictures forum, so here is a link to the pics:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=226625

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Does Everride actually manufacture these stand on? I forget how many company's make them. I think a John Deere stander is a Great Dane or is it a Wright? As you can see I don't know my standers very well.

3. jtoman

jtoman LawnSite Member

Thats a good question, when i visited the plant i didnt see any standers. I saw a lot warriors and a couple walk behinds. I would assume they manufacture their own standers but thats only a guess. (BTW Everride and Great Dane are made in the same place)

4. Lawn Enforcer

They are made by Auburn Consolidated Industries. I saw the Everride guy deliver them with the big Everride trailer(he works at the Auburn plant)

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

That's great you got it. My dealers started selling them so I'll have to try one. But I won't be buying any equipment for a looooooong time. I recently got the 32" stander and a ebz7001 blower. That's my new stuff for this year.

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Everride

Do they have warranties now?

Oldtimer

7. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

everride and great dane are made by ariens/gravely. ACI is of no more.

The new advertisements for both say Everride..an Ariens brand, or Great Dane..an Ariens brand.

the 34FX is a nice unit.

8. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I like the wright version stander better because they are a company that doesn't cut corners and they build a very solid long lasting mower. Quality is number one with wright. I don't know if the everride or great dane is of the same quality for a stander. Time will tell.

9. Lawn Enforcer

Oops, my bad. I am just so used to calling it ACI. I tried Wright and I liked it, don't get me wrong, Wright builds a great product. But when it came down to it, I liked the Scorpion more, and my dealer support is top notch, unbeatable. It also helps that I bought a 52" Scorpion last year from the dealer.