I bought a John Deere 757!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by realtree27, Jul 14, 2007.

1. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

So today I finally bought my JD 757!! Its awesome! I use to have a Hustler Mini z 42 inch.....and the Hustler started to cut horrible and my dealer tried to tell me its just the way they cut and there is nothing to do about it! Well until then I was gonna buy a hustler z....but i thats a load of BS so I went and demoed a JD and bought it! Some people think that just because Iam 20 years old they can tell me anything!

2. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your purchase. The 757 is a good machine - mine has served me very well.

3. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good purchase.....will never let you down!:usflag:

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats on your purchase. I'm hoping to have one in about two weeks. If you don't mind me asking what did you have to give? I was priced a 757 60" for 8200 and a 777 60" for 9800.

5. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

I am also deciding on the 757 and the 777 and hope to make up my mind to put the order in tommorow morning. I was quoted 8390 for the 757 and the 777 was 9350. Looks like I am getting a better quote on the bigger machine and not as good on the 757. I was leaning towards the 777 due to the upgrade in engine for the extra money. I drove both and couldnt really tell much of a difference. I was expecting the 777 to be more clumsy but it wasnt it fealt similar. It doesnt have much trim side similar to what you get on alot of the other full size 60 inch machines like a Hustler Super Z has..just a few inches it appeard. The 757 had a good amount. The cut was great for the lawns that I have. I think anyone purchasing a 757 or a 777 is definatly getting a well laid out and engineered machine. I was impressed with the fit and finish and the bottom line item the cut..was what I was looking for. Best of luck with the new 757!

6. Turf Dawg

Come to think of it I think he went ahead and priced me a 797. That was what the 9800 was for not the 777. My mistake.

7. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

Good Point, the 797 has the 29 d.f.i. engine. I ran that at the dealer and was also impressed but way overkill for what I am looking for. I am still tossing around the 757 vs 777 thing. I was all for the 757 until I saw the price difference to go liquid cooled and have the extra power. I found that the 757 seemed to be fine with 25 h.p. but not sure if I would want to get the 27 in the future. THe odd thing that I mention in the post that I started earlier in the week is the listed weights..they are both 1300. The dealers I called said the same thing that 1300 was the weight. I looked them over and I cant believe the 757 is actually 1300 it appears to be more like a 1150-1200 lb machine. I demoed a Lazer AS with the 60 inch ultracut and its listed at the 1150ish range and the machines seemed similar and handled similar in terms of feel. The full sized Lazer Z that I had and the 777 they seemed to feel the same since they had little trim side. The 777 states 1300 lbs and the Lazer Z was 1350 according to the brocure and they felt the same so I figured the 1300 was correct.

8. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

Well i picked up my JD 757 for 8200 after taxes : )

9. Turf Dawg

Sounds like you got a better deal than what I am going to get. I bet your going to love that mower, I know the two days I demowed one I got alot of grass cut.

10. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

:drinkup: Good deal my friend!