1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

i bought a measureing wheel today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Apr 18, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

after i lost a big fertilizing job i knew i needed to get a measuring wheel...i really never did anything like that size before and the homeowner wasnt home i left him probally a outrageous estimate .crappy thing about it he said if i do a good job hes got alot of work for me.if any of you guys dont have one of these get one..
  2. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Thing about folks like that is that they like to brood over you as you work and if any little thing goes wrong, they're likely to withhold pmt. I have a friend that works construction in town and he was told the same thing by a customer. Last I heard, the customer still owed him $8k.
  3. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I measure all my regular properties for reference when applying chemicals. It does take more time in the beginning but it pays in the end. It sure makes ordering sod and bed coverage a lot easier. Shoveling mulch back onto the truck is not my idea of fun. gotta have the tools!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member