I bought a truck!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TClawn, Dec 19, 2005.

1. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

'95 f150. 115,000 miles. auto tranny. $2300

the body is in exellent condition, and it is very clean. I know about the ford auto trannys having problems about this time, but it was used as a residential vehicle by this guy, and was not used for hauling.

the reason it was that cheap (the comparable truck here would go for $4000, remember, everything in hawaii is more expensive).
    1. it has a small engine knock (sounds like a lifter) it goes away at times, but then comes back, it might just be low oil. why I didn't check that, I do not know :mad:.
    2. it has twin tanks, and one of the fuel gauges on one of the tanks does not work. that I will get fixed immediatly.

I will post pics tonight when the truck is delivered.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Awsome chris, youll be prepared for when you can drive!!

3. TClawn

well, I bought it mainly so that my mom could use it. we only have one truck, that is a 3 seater, so I figured it would be nice for her to have a car to drive, and this truck came along. so I figured why not. I can drive it witha permit, but not really for my business yet.

4. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome!!!

5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Good luck, I had a 94 f150. It was the worst. Went through 3 trannys in less than 6 months. Rear end went out, all sorts of crap. And it had the same amount of miles as yours....

When I bought it the guy made it seem like it was only him that drove it to and from work, but the day after I got it the rear main went out.

So good luck with it, hopefully it'll treat you good and you wont have problems with it.

6. rohdek

rohdek LawnSite Member
    from 66202

What tranny/motor/rear end does it have?

7. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the truck. Does the '95 have the triton engine(4.6 or 5.4)? If so, check the spark plugs to be sure they are tight. I had a little tapping noise right before I blew the spark plug out the hole.

8. TClawn

right, I am planning on new plugs, oil change, a general tune up, etc.

9. TClawn

pics...............

f150back.JPG

f150front.JPG

f150interior.JPG

f150side.JPG