1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I bought a Truck!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mike lane lawn care, Apr 11, 2007.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got back from buying a 1999 GMC sierra 1500. The truck is amazing, i had my mechanic take it for a test drive, and inspect the whole thing, and he gave it a clean bill of heatlth, as did Carfax. due to snow that is supposed to be comming, it will take a few days to prep the truck for me, as it needs two small items. 1. the drivers side mirror has a crack in it, so they're replacing the entire mirror assembly, and 2. the latch on the sliding rear window is damaged, so they're gonna replace that as well. other than that it is absolutely beatutiful condition. The dealer was really nice, and was very quick to jot down some notes on what i needed to have done to the truck.

I can't wait to pick it up!!!

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Congrads! Good luck with it!
  3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Looks VERY nice! I take it that it is a single cab short bed? Cant really tell from the angle of the pic. Z71 too i take it?

Now we can FINALLY stop hearing about Astro vans on here...FINALLY:)
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

OMG, that's a TRUCK!!!! Congrats on your new purchace!
  5. mike lane lawn care

Yup regular cab, Short bed, Z71, 4X4, fully loaded power everthing, and heated mirrors.
    I am gonna miss the van though, i'm giving up a good friend, and a lot of cargo room......plus it was always fun when taking the girlfriends out.:rolleyes:

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

looks nice what engine?
  7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

thats what quad cabs are for! why do you think they were ever designed?! Congrats & Good luck with it!!!
  8. mike lane lawn care

thanks, it's a 5.3 liter V8

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

cant say im a big fan of the cool blue fog lights tho i'd rip em off.
  10. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

How many miles are on it? Please don't tell me 160k. Congrats on the new truck. But, you shoulda gotten a long bed. lol