I BOUGHT THE NEW 66 XR7 Hustler!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by perfectlawncare, Mar 15, 2006.

1. perfectlawncare

perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

I went out this week and demoed the Ferris IS3000 the Exmark 66 with the triton deck and the New Hustler super Z with the 27 kohler and the 66 inch XR7 deck. I love the ride of the Ferris but the cut was just ok. The exmark cut great but did not have the ground speed i was looking for. The new Hustler seem to have it all. I bought the super Z with the striping kit and the new flex forks. The cut was very good. Much better than the older models. Plus it was cheaper than all of them. $8900 with suspension seat, stripping kit and flex forks. I thought it was hard to beat that price. Just thought I would let you guys know.

Jason

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

So the SuperZ with a 66" deck was $8900? That's a great price, esPECIALLY considering the options you got.

3. perfectlawncare

I thought so also. Thats why I jumped on it.

4. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that the new rear discharge deck? I read about it a couple of times and it has me thinking I might want to try it.

5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

better go take some pics of this beast and show us.....go on, hurry up, haven't got all day lol.

sounds like a top rig, please show pics asap, a lot of haven't seen many/any of these units around.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The 66 XR7 is a side discharge deck.

7. perfectlawncare

I dont get mine until monday. I ran there demo today. I will try to go by and take some pics of the yard I cut with it. Stripes good without a kit I just bought one just so I can make them extra bright.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The striping rollers are also VERY good full lenght anti-scalp rollers. Allow you to mow sharp berms w/o scalping

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Cool.... that is great news!!! Congrats on your purchase.
    I have high hopes for the XR-7 deck... Hustler already had everything else...

10. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats on the new Hustler!!
    You will love that XR-7!!
    Flex Forks rule also!!
    Post some pics when you get them.

Pj