1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

i bought the scag edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Apr 19, 2002.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

600 baloons it cost me .it was worth every penny .my customers took notice today of the deeper edge.i use to just make the trimmer string very very long and that would leave a crisp edge from my shindaiwa t260 but not as nice as a scag edge..im a very happy camper.
  2. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats, I hope you enjoy!
  3. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

Did you consider the LE260. I have 2 and I think they are great. Also it is the same engine as your trimmer, and that is always good if you need to switch out a part in the field. I'm not questioning your decision, just wondering what sold you on the scag?
  4. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i buy quality over quantinity .i heard that everyone hates scag and what not.i like the fact that scag is built like a tank.which means will last.i felt the power trim which was 350.00 i walked away from it .i dont need spend more money than make money.
  5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I still use my 1990 scag edger on occasion. Had to put engine #3 on in fall 5.5 hp tecumseh for $245. Cheaper than new edger. Its not bad, but I like my 2 tanaka shaft drives better!