I broke my tractor. (funny)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Duncan90si, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

I have a little garden tractor that I keep around my house. I plow my sidewalks, let the kids ride it, pull a little dump trailer around, and pull broken down cars into my garage with it. I have chains, filled tires, and two batteries on the rear for some added weight. So there is some extra stress on the rear diff.

I just bought a used 1990 3500 4x4 454 pickup. The fuel pump went out and I had to tow it over to the garage, slighty uphill. I had to give it an extra little tug (in 8th gear :) ) to get up over a slight knoll, well something broke.

Notice the negative camber that the rear wheels have?

I think the rear differential might be broke. :laugh:

I didn't have the chain hooked onto the rear end either. Oh well, I have two extra rear ends for it. This time though, its getting a 4" rear pulley instead of the 8" thats on it.

I thought a you guys might get a chuckle out of it.

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Oh snap!

Looks like another project for you.
  3. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Wheel Horse with cast iron rear end and 1 and 1/8" axles won't do that! Glad you got spares on hand.:)
  4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si LawnSite Member

I love the old Wheel Horses. Especially the ones with high and low range. I used to have one and I should have never sold it. I'd love to pick another one of those up but everyone in my area wants wayyyy too much for them.
  5. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

That probly wasn't a good day for you.