1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

I brought the truck to the ER boo

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by casey humphrey, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Well maybe you can help me with my Mustang. It doesn't idle nice and smooth. The idle is consistent and having EFI it hangs up a sec at 1,000 rpm before it settles down just like it's supposed to. It's just that the idle is a little rough. I have the timing set about 5° advanced over the stock setting.

Here's a vid of it.

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/RMartin631/Mustang/?action=view&current=9250BCam.mp4

2. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I'm not going to have a pissing match. You win.

3. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.mustangandfords.com/techarticles/engine/mufp_0610_engine_building_mistakes/viewall.html :canadaflag:

After driving fords since the 70's And some all over the NA continent I came to one silly conclusion.

It's always something to do with altitude timing and sensors.
    I've yanked sensors off of 5.0 TBirds And an 86 stang. Going up the big horn
    it'd run at idle like it'd found a new engine from the back of the weekly UPS truck delivery man.

4. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

I can't can't add or take away any input that was already said as I don't know enough to give a solid answer..But What I do know is your 'survival' of one of the worst illness known to Humanity is worth giving you a congrats on- I Pray Casey your health continues on the Path it is right now for the rest of your life. Everything else is void and really not important if your health is failing- The prioritys change in an instant. But your sailing good now and I hope you get that old Girl running like it should. Gene