I.C.P.I certification school

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by launboy, Oct 24, 2004.

1. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

I am really interested in taking the course when it comes to Indianapolis in Feb. For those of you who have taken the course could you give your thoughts, things to know, overall opinions. Your info is most valued, thanks.
  2. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

I teach the class for the ICPI. We teach the fundementals of what makes a flexible pavement surface work and also fail. It is all class room setting, no hands-on. However, most people taking the class learn something new, even I learn something from the students. For $250.00 bucks it is a great investment.

Follow this link for a class in your area.

GreenMonster likes this.
  3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I have taken the Basic Contractor's class and found it to be very valuable. It explains the 'whys' of the proper installation methods. It helped to get all the players in our company on the same page about how to do paver installs.
    I'm sure that our quality and production times improved. It also impresses the clients that there is actually a certification for paver installation.
  4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Thanks for that link. I'm gonna try for the Portsmouth, NH class in Jan! :blob3:
  5. mikefeliciano

mikefeliciano LawnSite Member

Its worth the $250 bucks. I am ICPI Certified so are all of my installers. You dont just learn quite a bit from the classes, but from networking with others while there. You get to compare notes with others and kinda learn from there mistakes and successes. It will also give you a real good quick overview of estimating the work. Our instructor spent quite a bit of time on this because of class involvement. If you can afford it do it. It will also help you justify to your customers why you charge more than other guys.