1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I can have something nice

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Inspired

Inspired LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome, Jim. You deserve it, buddy.
  2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

You will love it, used mine yesterday on an install to mark lampost wire and a dog fence.
  3. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Looking forward to hear how good it is and how quickly i should go get one. Im still running the 600
  4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i have reported and asked for removal of the reply to sprinkus, don't anyone try something this stupid. i am doing this of my own accord and consider it a safety issue.

sometimes i can get carried away with a joke. :hammerhead:

yes sprink, it does bite hard.
  5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

in our area and our economy i have a tough time as it is.

i have a target time of 1 hr. per job and seldom go over my target, this means that some people think i'm a genius, others think i'm a thief.

i usually find the valve or wire fault, then either spend a reasonable amount of time educating the customer about leaks, preventive maintenance and self help suggestions like reading their meters, both electrical and water.

i have been dragging around a trailer full of locators and now i hope i will be down to just a few. my dynatel might be used for ground faults only now. i can leave the antenna home along with the tr-4110, the 521 and just carry the A-frame and the pro-800 that i have named "Dexter".

Dexter and i got acquainted to a small degree last night, i haven't located any direct-connect wires or any valves yet.

mitch, you should have the 800, you will prolly get more from it than the other tech's will. if your boss doesn't agree, have him call me. :waving:

doctoring a dog, stickers and ticks are terrible this year.
  6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

too late, Congressman Wiener is preparing to tweet a similar photo :eek:
  7. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

It's Christmas in June. Nice and shiny.

Jump in the truck Jim I'm comin' to town and the drinks are on me!
  8. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, we're irrigators! We were stupid enough to get in this business, might as well have some fun with a-bit-o mild self-electrocution!
    OK, maybe that is a bad idea.