I can help you save a little money!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, May 19, 2008.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Ok. we all know fuel prices are going thru the roof and are likely to stay high for quite some time. The question is, have you thought about ways to help reduce fuel expenses and frequency of oil changes that contribute to the high oil prices?

Did you know you can run Amsoil for 25,000 miles or 1 year on one oil change? Think about how much you spend every 3000 miles for a oil change. Obviously if you do it yourself, you are saving $$$$. However, this does require your time that you are receiving no income on. Plus you have to find a way to dispose of the oil everytime. What if you can gain 1-2 miles per gallon? Doesn't sound like a bunch short term, but add that up over that years' timeand you've got some money in your pocket!!!! Money plus all the benefits of a synthetic oil in your trucks and mowers.

Amsoil has been making a synthetic oil before everyone else including the "everyone has, everyone knows, everyone thinks is best" Mobil 1.

There must be a reason why a oil company that employs less than the average hospital can compete and grow with the big boys. Doing this and all the while not being sold at mass merchants!!!! This is part of Amsoil commitment to a very high quality oil sold only thru its dealership network.

More info and updates to follow. Any questions, please ask.

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

With all due respect, I would NEVER put 25,000 miles on ANY kind of oil. I have - and had - vehicles with over 200,000, 300,000 miles on conventional oil with never a problem(s) due to oil breakdown. I'll keep on using my Pennzoil. Thanks anyway.......:usflag:

3. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I run mobil clean 5000 in my car and change it every 3000 miles anyway. My 93 maxima has well over 300,000 miles and the motor still sounds brand new.... I run Shell Rotella T 15-40 in my Powrestroke and change it every 7500 miles. Yes i might be spending more on oil and i do change it myself but its alot cheaper changing the oil then buying a new car or truck or replacing an engine $$$$$$$$$$$ either way alot more money then an oil change...

4. M&M Mowing

M&M Mowing LawnSite Member

I would never trust any oil to 25,000 miles. Seriously I know that amsoil has great products but think of all the contaminants that get into oil. In my 2003 Dodge ram 2500 with a cummins I can see excess exhaust temperatures of 1600* F. How long do you think any oil would last seeing those high temps?

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You know AmsoilPower, I know you spend money to post this and I could get banned for saying what I have to say...
    And I think Amsoil DOES make a quality oil even IF I suspect that it's merely another brand re-bottled, I still am willing to believe Amsoil is likely as good if not better than any other synthetic motor oil.

And even if it costs me more to get Amsoil than what I use, I just MIGHT order from you if not for the novelty then the convenience of having it delivered to me, if just for that I could see doing it even if it still don't quite make sense.

But when you RECOMMEND we run OUR engines FAR beyond their intervals?
    And you do so WITHOUT guarantee?!
    So WHEN an engine seizes you know YOU are NOT paying a DIME towards helping the owner replace it?

That is too much for me.

Why not be truthful?
    Why do you run it, how long have you used it, how many miles do YOU put between changes?
    Do you BELIEVE in your OWN product, and why?
    Have you ever TESTED IT, and how?

I've tested mine...
    Get in your car, start it, let it warm up 5-10 seconds or so.
    Now step on the GAS and push the rpm's to the governed redline!
    And HOLD it there.
    I said HOLD it, I want to hear that engine screaming and pinging for the next 20 minutes solid!

Will you?

6. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Well said Topsites A+++++++++++++++++

7. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

oil changes here are 15.
    how much is a quart of amsoil 8-9 thats alot of money but still probally wouldnt take the chance maybe on my POS pickup I might if it was given to me

8. AmsoilPower

I appreciate your comment and concern. There is something I will say about the warranty however. Amsoil does offer a warranty to owners who use the oil in conjuction with a Amsoil EaO filter. You are correct in that I will not pay you for any damage occured, that is one reason Amsoil has a warranty----to protect independent dealers like me. I have in no way been untruthful. I have included a warranty statement for you to review.

https://www.amsoil.com/dealer/blueprints/Product_Warranties_Blueprint_11-07.pdf

https://www.amsoil.com/lit/g1363.pdf

9. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Seriously, 25k? Who gives a crap about the oil when you clogged the filter solid and nuked your motor???

10. AmsoilPower

I started using Amsoil about 2 years ago strictly with the 2-cycle mix. I noticed how much cleaner it burned and the increased rpm's. A buddy of mine was already a dealer so I signed up. A month later my wife and I purchased a '05 Chrysler Town & Country w/ 21,000 miles on it and averaged 19mpg. I switched it over to 0W-20 Amsoil with the EaO filter. I know avg. 22.5 mpg with 24 on the highway. By the time I change the oil in July I might have 10,000 miles on that oil. Has not used a drop and looks the same color as when I put it in. For kicks, when I do change it I am sending in a sample for analysis. My other hot-rod vehicle is a '99 Ford Taurus that is the everyday driver. It also has Amsoil in it and has about 125,000 miles on it. It gets 35 mpg up from 33 prior to switch over. One of the bigger things I noticed about it was how easy it started during the winter on really cold mornings. It might as well of been 50 degrees outside as well as it started. It will have 15,000-18,000 miles on this oil when changed at 1 year. I would have no hesitation in your redline test, even when zero outside on a "cold" motor.