1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I can keep em busy 50 hours a week.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Coumbe, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

I could use 21' commercial mowers and FORD Rangers with 2 men in them and keep them mowing 40 - 50 hours a week. Break down would be easy to fix(or replace) and I would save on gas with the mowers and from not pulling an 16' trailer. Any thoughts????

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Ya, but why?
  3. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

wow, at least use a 32/34/36 sized mower to increase thier production.
  4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Is there a niche for that sort of thing in your market? I like the idea of small pickup and no trailer. If you can do it why not?

Also what about something like a 32" mower. Still be able to use the ranger and two person crew. Have a 32" and a 21" or 26" and trimmer and blower. Parts requirement wouldn't be much greater.
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Do a search for TJQuickcuts or Justmowit

They're doing it and grossing in the 7 figures.
  6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Using 21" only has a market. There are lots of people out there who don't wantt "big mowers" on their lawn. Plus, they cut great, mulch well, are very cheap - and guys can't crash them. That's how I started out. I sometimes miss the simplicity of those days...
  7. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

The Low overhead would be great.
  8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Ive cut 1 1/2 acers with my Snapper 21" with tall grass. I did in in less than 1 and 1/2 hours Did make me a little tired