I cannot get Sucker Stopper at Lesco

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Coffeecraver, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

Is there something compatable?

2. turf78

turf78 LawnSite Member

Yes you can, Scythe.

3. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

4. turf78

turf78 LawnSite Member

Scythe Herbicide.

5. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

turf78 Scythe Herbicide.
    That is a non-selective herbicide and im not sure it can be used to control suckers on Crape Myrtles.

http://www.extremelygreen.com/Product.cfm?Name=Scythe Herbicide

Thanks heritage,I have that link.

The Sucker Stopper i know I can get online,however I would rather get a product to do the samething locally. I have heard that Lesco has a product that is compatable but when I called them they seemed to have no clue.
    So I guess I need to know the active ingredient and then ask them for that.

Thanks again
    Norm

6. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

I know several people round here that uses round up for sucker control. I have personally seen them spray crab, pear, and a few others with it with no harmful side effects to the tree. I am to affraid to try it myself. For what its worth...

7. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

Well this is no surprise since Glyphosate was originally developed as PGR.

Does anyone have data on rates of application as a PGR? I don't recall any of this being on the label.

I think it would be an easy way to control suckers on crepe myrtles if used at the correct rate.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I got a bottle of sucker stopper for crape myrtles a couple years ago and had less than good results with it. We weed them off now and even though it scars the bark I don't see any bad effects on plant or blooming.

9. kevinheap

kevinheap LawnSite Member

What will work on Cottonwood suckers all over my back yard. I have 2 Cottonwoods one is 40' the other was 40' but broke and was cut down to 25'. My backyard is 40' x 100' and has a sucker every square ft almost.