I cannot justify the purchase!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by OnMyOwn, Jan 4, 2006.

1. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I want a Walker ZTR so badly, I cannot stand it! I mowed with a unit several years ago (for a few weeks) and loved the quality of cut, grass collection and overall performance. I just cannot figure out how to talk my clients into paying for service that costs more (bagging) with a slower machine. I feel like this would be a step back in productivity, yet possibly a step forward in quality cuts. Have any of you faced a similar dilemma?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

What are you currently using? I mean, perhaps can you get by with just a WB right now?

3. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

I am running Gravely 260ZTR and Gravely 48 WB. It is just a case of the "wants", mor than the "needs". I am very impressed with the Walker's abililty to groom a lawn.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like you're on the right track with what you have, anyway. If you want to bag grass (I don't know why), then do it with your Gravely. If you want to be that slow, then you can do THAT with your Gravely, too. To me, it makes no sense, but to each their own. :)

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I loved my walker....enough to want one for my own house....by once i got My Lazer I never looked back.....The lazer gave an exceptional cut in all types of grass and and all weather.....In florida....The walker was known to clog if it was damp/wet or if you went too fast.....The pickup was nice, but 9 times out of 10 i had the back door to the hopper open....