1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

I can't be the only one

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Caddyshack Lawn Care, Jul 3, 2013.

1. wiltslawncare

wiltslawncare LawnSite Member

riding down the road after finishing all your lawns for the day and realize your trailer gate and 21 inch mower are no longer on the trailer.

drove 35 min to the begining of your route to realize you left your safety glasses on your tool box.

cut half a yard and realized you never dropped the mower deck

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You must only do a few yards a day. String is my least expensive consumable. Our yards have more trimming than mowing. Some areas can only be trimmed and having full string out is most efficient. Keeping an extra load of line in your pocket is efficient. Chain link fence, stucco and using it to edge will wear it down no matter how careful you are. I want speed from my guys. Rationing line is just penny wise and pound foolish.

3. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

The only one that has to mow with a 1700lb mower and get stuck when it's wet because all the push mowers are being used.

Runs out of WD-40 when he needs it most.

Never runs out of string while trimming far away from the line holder :) YAY!!

Dosen't put his line in water to be cool like others.

Last but not least... Runs out of water when its 45 degrees out... We've all been there.

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

You don't need rain was down there last weekend and Green lawns Come north 90 miles you'll see brown lawns