i cant believe it!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass_Slayer, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D i cant believe how well the doubles cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i put them on my cub today and a THIIIIIICK wet yard looks like i cut it with scissors!!! and i was flying over it!! thank you so much eric, wherever you are
  2. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

how do i do this a bunton 48 and toro z master 72?
    thanks for all your help
  3. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

what kind of cub do you have?what blades are you using?
  4. Grass_Slayer

i have a cub 54" zt, it is the model right before the tank. its all yellow not black.

i have high lifts on bottom, low lifts on top. no gators for my mower.

they way i did mine was just to put the blades in a + formation and torque them a little over specs. some manufactueres make brackets and some guys put fiber washers between the blades.

i mowed for 4 hours yesterday with the blades just torqued as usual and they didnt slip at all!
  5. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

i have 2 tanks,guess im going try it,but my mower stripes and cuts great with singles. what size engine do you have?
  6. Grass_Slayer

i have a 25 kohler.

be sure when u put on the middle blades that u over torque the bolt a little bit. i torqued mine up to 150. i need to get a longer bolt for the center still though.

those mowers will stripe even better with 16 pieces of 10" chain on angle iron bolted to the skidplate on the wheel motors.
  7. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

I cut with doubles also and they do a lot better than singles in high grass. I still notice that when the grass is wet, it still clumps up though. I wonder if it is because I am using gators on top and regulars on the bottom.

8. corban

corban LawnSite Member
    from K.C. Mo

I recently put doubles on a Kawasaki 14 hp John Deere 48" wb. I too just slapped another blade on each bolt in the + shape. It takes a little longer for the blades to get going and stop but it does make an excellent cut. Do you think I'm stressing an engine of my size? What about a 6 hp 21"? Would it be okay to try doubles on it?
  9. Grass_Slayer

i dont know about a 21, i dont even use one myself. wb z or trimmer. it seems to me that if u put them on a 21 it wouldnt hurt it because it is direct drive (no clutch). im just afraid that my clutch may wear out sooner than normal.