I cant believe this happened to me today.........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Oct 7, 2004.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I bought a new tiger cub back in april. I financed it through Sheffields which Scag had the arrangement of 6 months no payment , no finance charge.
    Well Im thinking here it is the 1st of Oct and I havent seen a payment notice or anything yet. Well sometimes they mail them 2 months before they are due and they get miss placed or lost. So I pull mt contract from the file cabinetand sure enuff I took delivery April 2nd so the payment should of been due.
    I contact Sheffields and they say you dont owe us anything. I give them the account number and the guy says yes you applied for a loan and was approved but you didnt purchase anything. So we talk on a bit and he said its odd you have a contract and all and we have nothing. I said that I applied for the loan and waited at the dealer because they will approve or dis approve you in about 15 min. The dealer faxed my application to Sheffields and then sheffields faxed it back approved. The dealer filled in all the blanks for the purchase price and then mailed it back in. All we know is it got lost somewhere after the dealer sent it in.
    When I told my dealer this am the phone went silent for about 30 seconds, then he said ''WHAT''.I am very surprised that he hadnt picked up on it unless the mower was on some kind of floor plan and he wasnt going to recieve a credit or something this fall from scag. He is a small dealer, I dont know how many mowers he sells a year but I dont think it is many giving the sizeof the shop.He told me that I basically had a free mower far as paper work went but Im not that kind of person, I like my fair share but I dont want anything that isnt mine.
    Just thought I would share this lil story with yall

mag360 likes this.
  2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

well, its not really that your getting somthing dishonestly. its the company fault that they lost your paperwork, let them deal with thier mistake. i wouldnt feel guilty, you called in and asked about it as you were supposed to, not like you just didnt pay them and keep your mouth shut. the holidays came early this year :waving:

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I forgot to add that me and the dealer got together today and his payment in full for the mower is in the mail so noone is out of anything

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Like Pro said, i wouldn't feel guilty for the reasons he listed... hard enough to stay afloat we need all the help we can get! But, if you really feel you must pay for it, i will be generous enough to let you send payment to me and i'll get it in to my local Scag dealer.. I'm sure he can take care of it from there...

Providing it gets there!!! haha!!!!!!! free mower man your a loser!

olderthandirt likes this.
  5. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

Man! I wish I had that kind of luck.Pretty much handed you a new mower for free...... ;)

6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Good on you Grass cuttin fool you a true honest person, as this industry needs more people like you.

7. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

Cool you did the right thing. Hopefully the dealer will remember this and take care of you on some other deals. :drinkup:

8. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I will give you 5.00 for it, cash, no checks :waving:

9. Grasman

Grasman LawnSite Member

I agree with Jusmowin (34) and rbeitz (38) that you did the right thing. It's interesting that the two posts that say you should have kept it and that you are a loser are 16 and 17 years old. Sad!

10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Where in Virginia is this dealer :) No, you did the right thing.