I cant believe this has happened!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clallen03, May 3, 2007.

1. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

OK, I was pulling my Z into the garage and it ran out of gas. This was fine because the gas can was right in front of me. So I grab the can and start filling the tank. When it finally fills up I started to pull the nozzle out of the tank and the damn nozzle pops off and falls into the tank.

That was just the ending of a crazy day. I did a seasonal flower bed that took me 3 hours to do because the Georgia red clay was so hard. We haven't had rain in god knows how long. I did a routine pine straw install and lawn maint that normally take me 1 hour max. This took me 1 hour and 45 mins because I ran over a freaking blanket that a dog ran in front of me and dropped I wish I would have hit him instead. My wife goes over my head every time I tell my son something she lets him do what I tell him not to. Just a bunch of bull is going on today.

Well back to the nozzle in the tank. I cant get this thing out and I have a full tank of gas. I don't want to take the tank off because the tank is full and gas is at $3 buck a gallon almost.

Do you think this nozzle will cause me any problems if I wait until the gas runs out in the tank? Then I will take the tank off and pull out the nozzle.

What do you'll think?

2. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Run it there want be a problem.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

You'll be fine, don't sweat it.

4. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

Tomorrow will be a better day..........maybe. I wouldn't think you would have any trouble running through the gas in that tank and then retrieve the nozzle.

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Use a wire and hook the nozzle.

6. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that one of my clients call me to give her an estimate to clear off a drop off in her back yard. While talking she told me that someone was moving in on my turf. I said what do you mean? She said one of the larger companies in my area sent a letter with their monthly HOA letter. They are claiming to do lawns in this sub-division for $25.

I currently charging this client $40. Shes a new client so I dont know how loyal she is but I also have 4 other clients in the sub-divison that I also charge $40.

I'll be glad when this day is over. I'll wake up and do it over again in the morning.

7. violatorjf

violatorjf LawnSite Member

If you're really worried you could always siphon it out and put it back in when you're done.

8. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Run it, or go to the dollar store and buy one of those weird looking flexible grabby things.....you know what I mean. you use it if you drop a screw in an engine etc

9. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Now may not be a bad time to consider offering other services to complement lawncare. It'll soften any cancellations when you have multiple sources of revenue. Most services cycle high/low and this way, when a large lco breaks in to your neighborhood, you're able to keep the cash flow going. Many lcos including me have multiple other services that wind up bringing way more money in the end.

Just an idea :)

10. JD657757

JD657757 LawnSite Member
    from chicago

I droped on in my gas tank over a year ago and it is still sitting there.:hammerhead: