1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I Can't Find work so i'm going to comitt...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by David Hartzog, Oct 2, 2009.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

to going back to lawn care. I have had enough laying around sleeping and eating bon bons.

I have had some work working for a local landscape company, Adam the owner was a young arrogant guy that never could smile or laugh so basically i drove him crazy and he drove me crazy from his uptight trying to grow a diamond up his rear so i was let go.

The next job i work for a guy painting the local walmart.he was a crook he stolen from walmart and Lowe's when he needed things i found out later from the owner of the company that hired him to paint the walmart they shelled out $28k that he pocketed and the last check all 3 emoyees were screwed out of our final pay check my loss $593.00. He quit the job and took off back to NC. He also stolen the brand new power painter. i wish i new some one that could find him because he took my garmin gps the last night i saw him before he skipped town I should give his Phone # out.

So now i am with out money and no job so here's the part where i go into bon bon mode. 2 months of sleeping some days not even getting dressed i sleep eat lay around angry discussed and confused.

Then finally last month i was about to go insane (no guys even more crazy) I get a call from my bishop at church asking if i could help him build a patio at his house i was so delighted to help even not knowing if i would be payed.
    ps i was pay very well.

apparently I was the greatest of help to him Even though we had many people come by to offer there help volunteering.

Due to me getting to his house Early and leaving some time at 9pm we had a very long talk and i spilled my guts i told he my life story after all i said he said to me i probably should never work for a employer again and i should be looking at going back into self employment.

so here i sit letting my old friend on lawn site know

I'm Back.
  2. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

You should of took a writing class while you were sitting around.
  3. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

I was to busy sleeping + i am bipolar with A.D.D and i did not have medical help when i was young so i missed out on a good education i wish i could of had the meds they have now. So i say sorry for giving you a headache.:):confused:
  4. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

It is never too late. Just take it slow, relax and just read a little of something you like everyday. You will be fine. Good Luck.
  5. Kutz Lawns

Kutz Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

"You should of took a writing class while you were sitting around"

You just have to read it 2 or 3 times that's all!
  6. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

What part of Alabama?
  7. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Eufaula, 45 miles north of Dothan
  8. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Looks like i need to update my records. now live in Ohio Athens county i moved here from Alabama in march '09. My wife couldn't take the south anymore she wanted to be near her family so i sold the lawn care and moved here i like the cool weather but i hate this town. maybe once i get to know people it will grow on me.
  9. timberbrook

timberbrook LawnSite Member

Written using proper grammar: "You should have taken a writing class while you were sitting around".:confused:
  10. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

Stop already, my wife was going to check but the kids had to be put to bed so i hit send.