I cant get any insurance company to sell me insurance in Georgia.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Apr 22, 2005.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have found it imposssible to get insurance in the state of Georgia! Last spring I tried and finally gave up in frustration. This week I have tried again. Over a dozen phone calls and not one has returned my call with a quote. I have sent several e-mails to insurance companies and no replies. In my area have contacted Allstate, Cotton State, and several more. One girl took all my info and was going to call back in 10 minutes, that was last Friday. Girl at Allstate was going to call back Monday, nothing! Also tried several private companies, nothing! Can anyone tell me of a company that will sale affordable d@@n insurance in south Georgia. I cant really afford it but scared not to have it at the same time.

2. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried asking a few local construction contractors who they use? I suspect that anyone who covers them will cover you.

3. Doc_77

Doc_77 LawnSite Member
    from IL

HTML:
     [url]http://www.amfam.com/company/careers/default.asp[/url] 
    i pay $400 a year for $2mill liability
    i do work for snow systems in the winter, probably 80 % of their drives are insured by this place so we get a very good rate.
    im sure they will insure you though

4. QualityLawnCare4u

Doc, last year had several good replies from folks but when I contacted the insurance companies not one would insure me (all were from other states).

5. QualityLawnCare4u

Believe it or not, I have asked 2 of the biggest ones and the first one told me he did not even know who he was insured with, his bookeeper handles that, the second one told me who he was with and they were one of the companies that did not return my call with a quote.

6. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

You have to establish yourself first.Call an indepedent agent.They'll insure you with one of the big name companies.They work with many.You'll pay more for it(not much really),but until you've been insured for a few years,the big names won't touch you by themselves.An independent gets a commision from part of the deal and the insurance is actually financed and paid monthly.No big deal.You'll be insured,payments won't be much more,and you'll be establishing yourself as a reputable business.

7. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Try an agent who represents Nova Casualty out of Buffalo NY. My coverage includes chemical application.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Danny, go to an insurance broker, not an agent. A broker will represent many companies and find you the best coverage. My broker found me 3 different companies for my liability, vehicle, and WC policies (and I only write 1 check for all 3) per month.

9. SCAG POWER

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

Danny :

Check out the independant brookers first, they handle many different lines. Last year i got hooked up with a company called old doimon through a brooker here in florida. Ithink it was like 145.00 down 50.00 per month for 8 months , coverage amount 1 million .

Try doing that. P.S. any pics of your 737 that you have for sale. :blob3:

10. QualityLawnCare4u

Old Dominion was one I tried last year, would not insure me in Georgia. I can get some pics of the 737, dont have any yet. My brother is the expert computer pic taker.