1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I can't take the BS, what is going on with this company

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by boats47, Jul 8, 2007.

1. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

I have had it to the point that I am looking for another source of supply for all my chemicals, other than Lesco. Last year I spent over $100,000 with Lesco and you would think that I would not get the run around when I need something ordered.
    First Beef:
    I will set the stage for you all, I order several pallets of Allectus to be drop shipped to our shop on the 21st of June. There were also specific instructions that they must call 24hrs prior to so that I could make sure someone was there to off load the product. Did not hear anything 19th or the 20th, assumed that someone dropped the ball and I can't say that I have not called when I was supposed to. Well the 21st comes and goes and five days later it shows up, mind you I am on the phone with Lesco everyday trying to get them to give me an answer. I get the "I call you right back".... So I end up calling them back. Oh and I am still waiting to hear if they sent in the rebate info for the Allectus as well and that is going on two weeks.
    Second Beef:
    I ordered a new front end for my HPS, including plotter, the works. It has been 1 month since I asked Lesco to order those parts, so that I don't get stuck without a machine for this round of fert. When I call every other day to get a status, I get the "oh brother, man I don't know I'll look into it". My machine is pieced together with Duct tape, zip ties, and electrical tape so that I can do my job, the axle is so worn the the bearing just slide around not to mention I feel like I am on some carnival ride. I think that over a week to wait for these parts is unacceptable, this is not a mom and pop store as we all know.
    Third beef:
    I order parts for my aerator and have been waiting for over month and a half, and all I need are new "plug hole makers".
    Forth beef:
    I have been waiting for two weeks going on three for a tip for my mag gun (which is piece of junk, don't buy one) and can't spray the tree jobs I have.

Bottom line here is that this company is going down the tubes and unless someone fixes the problems, they will be out on the street. Quite frankly, there are a very pricey with allot of if all of their products. They have been selling me arbor green for $50 something a bag, well did some research and I now get it for $30 a bag. I can not deal with BS any more and If i hear "I'll look into it and call you back", heads are going to roll and we are getting into the square circle of bloody hell.
  2. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

let me see if i can get you some help here. what lesco do you deal with???
  3. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Dont wait for the lesco to send in the rebate for you Get the form and fax it yourself. You have until the 15th to get it in. I sent mine last week.

As far as everything else it seems like you have a bad store that cant seem to get their act together. Find out who the rep is that controls your territory. He is the on the road sales man and can usually get things done easier and quiker than the store. Also, he has some control over the store itself.

4. turfmann

turfmann LawnSite Platinum Member
    from PRM

If you'll PM me I'll put you in touch with a guy that lives in RI that I have been buying from. He's a good guy, he couldn't stand the BS at lesco either and left a number of years ago. I get good pricing, good service, a phone call before delivery, etc. He won't be able to help you with the parts for your machine, but if you know the part numbers you can go on the lesco website and search for the parts yourself in the area. They might be in stock at another service center.
  5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I hate to hear that! If you are spending 100K they should be taking good care of you. I am sure you won't have any trouble finding a new supplier!

I have had excellent service and communication from my Lesco store. Their prices are actually close to everyone elses. Sometimes a little more on things and lower on others. I have found the best way is to get prices at other locations or off the internet and they will usually match or get really close.

Good Luck!
  6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I have never had a prob with LESCO ---whether through their home office (in the old days) or with our local LESCO store (in recent years). 2007: We received 70 tons of pre+fert, then 44 ton of 34-3-11, and last week, another 22 ton of fert.........all delivered on time plus advance phone calls so I could be there with a forklift. I will order more semiloads of LESCO fert this year too, and I expect no probs regarding these deliveries as well. LESCO always gives us "terms", but we always pay well in advance in order to get all the available discounts. So if you have probs -- you may want to call my local LESCO guys (Clive, Iowa) >> I'm sure these guys will help. Good luck.
  7. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

we purchase a lot of product.
    we purchase much of our product from lesco after several years of totally boycotting their products (we didnt give them a dime for several years, not because of the product itself but because of all the reasons, and more, given by boats47 in this thread).

I aint got much respect for their method of doing business. many will gladly blindly give them their business thinking that the way lesco operates is the norm....it aint! We get GREAT SERVICE and products from several other vendors (and BTW, lesco is the only dealer that want to charge us $50 for dilivery...and its a pain in the neck going back and forth with phone calls getting them to credit the $50 dilivery fee....we aint paying them to diliver anything when every other dealer does not charge us)

bottom line for me....we deal with lesco....I treat them like a $20 hooker (I'll enjoy them stroking me but I dont give them no respect) and they MUST come in with the very best price or its no deal.

Boats47 I see you are located in RI, I am in MA. I hope you dont have to deal with Paul in the Warwick branch. I know him, he was in MA for a little while.... I dont want to name call but that guy is a loser
  8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

lawnservice -- never experienced your prob with LESCO. I've dealt with them since 1990, and I have never at all had any prob. I know you are a good guy, and I also know how LESCO has treated me. Try dealing with my local LESCO friends in Clive, Iowa?? Trying to help, american......
  9. boats47

boats47 LawnSite Member

I deal with guys in Dartmouth, ma. I really don't (at least want to think) that it is not these guys that are screwing up and not dropping the ball with what I need. But I would like to know runs the show up there and give them a piece of my mind. Any questions on products or what to do with a particular problem the manager always hooks me up with good info and I have learned alot from him. He blames the lack of support from headquarters and that they have their heads up their asses, which I can see. I know he is the middle man and I trying to cut him a break (to an extent), but now it time for cut my ties and go else where and maybe headquaters will see that.
    So if any one has other sources of supply in the RI area, please leave the info on the post.
    Turf Hokie the lesco guy said he had to get some paper work and then confirm we had the product (which he already knew) and then we would get the rebate. Apprentlly I need to get on the phone again Monday.... GREAT

Thanks Guys for letting me rant,

10. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear the run around with the rebate.
    Mine was simple. Just a standard form (my lesco had them sitting on the counter) and an invoice number. Fax or mail it and your all set.

Forgot, you will need a copy of the invoice to send with the form