I can't wait to start cutting grass!!!

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Pittsburgh Panther, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Pittsburgh Panther

Pittsburgh Panther LawnSite Member
    from N.W. Pa

How about any you guys. I figure I will have to wait at least 3 to 4 more weeks. Last year a couple of guys started posting pictures of a our lawns after we cut them. Hopefully we do it this year.

Chomping at the bit,

PP

2. Dixie Rob

Dixie Rob LawnSite Member

I cut my lawn the first time 8 days ago, and it needs to be done! Man the yard looks nice after month's upon month's of it lookin shaggy!

3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

up here in western MA. the typical season will start in about 3 weeks, or when the temps. get into the 60's

4. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

hope to start soon here min SE mich, flurries are in the forcast though.

5. Dixie Rob

I'll cut mine again this weekend. The cold if finally supposed to leave the area again!

6. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

My new mower is "just sitting" in the garage and personally I feel terrible about it. I'm DYING to get out there.

The temps here are "supposed" to get above 50 Monday'ish so I think I'm gonna get the fert out this weekend, because it also supposed to drizzle a bit on Sunday.

There's no problem getting the fert down and wet-in just before the temps come up, is there?:confused:

7. Dixie Rob

I wouldn't think so. I did my first fert app on my yard the second week of February. By 2 weeks, it was the greenest yard in town, and like I said, I've already had to mow. Can't wait to mow this weekend. Going to do my second set of application of fertilizer in another week or two.

8. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We started cutting the 15 of march on contracts.