1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I caught those Dirty Dogs Red Handed

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pema, Mar 24, 2005.

1. pema

pema LawnSite Member

I treat my sisters lawn and usually leave some comment behind on her treatment notice.

She called today and said that my information was gone and replaced with an assesment from the Big Tru Green fellows.

I have had many customers claim to have never received their analysis/quotations I leave hanging on their door and others who have had missing invoices. It's a shame that the #1 name in lawn care has to stoop to this.
  2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Read this. They were known to make their first application "without notice" in Jan/Feb and just leave a bill. If it got paid then they were in business. Made it a ***** to make sure they had not applied chemicals before you. They have stooped to this due to telemarketing being curtailed. They will always find a new way to force customers into at least 1 application.
  3. HayBay

HayBay LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Those Bast*rds. I can't believe it.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

perhaps take some legal action against it
  5. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I would call them and let the supervisor really have it, then I would ask for the number of his supervisor. That is total B.S, they are a billion dollar company yet they steal and cheat the small guys, actions like that confirm what kind of business they run.
  6. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Is there anything that can be done legally, because they removed the estimate the homeowner requested from the property? I guess it would be there word against yours, and they have the legal team to fight it...Maybe someone should set up a hidden camera and tape them removing estimates and invoices....
    It's a shame they stoop to that. The only reason they grow is from buying out smaller LCO's...Average customer turnover is 3 years....