I-Core screen size vs Pro-C

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Oct 9, 2012.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

drop em, they are too far away anyway. and they shouldn't be touching it either.:laugh:

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The mfr's should be trying to anticipate customer confusion when they write their owners manuals.

3. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

The really frustrating part is when, lets say you program a start time for program B and then turn the dial to set station run times for program B, it goes back to program A and doesn't carry over. For me its been really easy to make mistakes with that. I think it speaks chinese i'll have to look at the back of one again :laugh:

4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I have used this line for older or less tech savvy people. Not really crazy about these as they are cheaper looking products but they are easier for some people to understand.

On this particular job I need the hunter's ability to turn off the booster pump on selected stations though. The I-core screen should be more visible than the Pro-C I'm thinking.

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Put in 3 i cores so far. I like it a lot. Live the remote port and it seems more intuitive in terms of programming. Mr Leary would love the room for wire as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

The backlit screen is really nice, especially when the light in the broom or utility closet is not working and your trying to use your phone to see what your doing. Been there done that:laugh::laugh:

7. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I ordered one for the customer and will put it in this week (haven't got it yet). What remote do you have? How is the programming diff from the Pro-C?

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, indeed! Are they using terminal strips or hi-fi speaker snap connectors?

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I installed an X-Core in replacement of an old SCR, and they still have terminal strips. They are getting smooshed into a tinier space, to the point where you will wish you had smaller screwdrivers, like a #1 Phillips-head.

Looking through the Hunter manuals, I don't see anywhere an explanation of program stacking. At least they repeatedly emphasize the "only one start time needed" maxim.

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

mine is in my coffee cup
    Posted via Mobile Device