I-Core screen size vs Pro-C

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Irritrol did the same thing when they outsourced my beloved "Total Control". My 18-22 gauge spade lugs would only fit if I bent the capacitors down. :hammerhead:

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

the wire clamps built into the terminal strips of today have effectively put spade lugs out of business

3. Mike Leary

Not really, Marcelle. If a pigtail is going in, the remote and field get stripped double. twisted, folded over,and inserted into the spade lugs. Spade lugs are cool as they can be wrapped with 3M number markers for easier moving as zones change.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

For a pigtail, I'd want a separate junction box anyway, so the controller configuration wouldn't bother me.

5. Mike Leary

On a small system, with a metal enclosure, it works fine. What's a splice box? :dizzy:

6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Installed the I-Core with a RB-WR2 rain sensor and changed out all 40 heads plus several nozzles in flowerbeds. Used RB PRS-SAM. For those wondering the I-Core screen is way more readable than the Pro-C. Nice controller, might start using this when the $70 more doesn't matter.

Just wondering what would you charge for this?

7. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Why not list price plus plus whatever you charge for labor (including what you figure for overhead and profit built in, adjusted for what the market will bear)? Or, if you know your costs of doing business (and you should), materials plus labor plus overhead plus profit. Whichever earns you more.