1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I could have been a rich man the other day......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ground Master, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

Thought you guys might enjoy a good laugh.......I was aerating a lawn in a very upscale neighborhhod the other day ($400,000 homes) when a guy approaches me about aerating his yard. He points it out. Its just a front yard, but good size (3000 sq ft). Before I can give him my price, he offers me 10 bucks and a beer!!!!!!! I had immediate visions of retiring early, but thought to myself , " you enjoy this work------turn him down".....haha.........in reality I simply told him him that I could not aerate his yard for 10 bucks and a beer. He walked away without even asking what I would charge.
  2. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I would have taken the beer, cracked it open and said, "Let me consider your offer for a few moments." Only upon draining the last of the brew would I have declined his most generous offer.
  3. parkwest

parkwest LawnSite Senior Member

$10 AND A BEER??? Be happy, here they try to pay you in sacks of potatoes.
  4. Not so fast, what kind of beer did you say that was?
  5. Budman

Budman LawnSite Member

6. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

hey budman, THATS MY KINDOF BEER!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

that is pretty funny.
  8. script

script LawnSite Member

hey budman, if I would have taken and finished that beer first, I may have done that job for free.

Just kidding. Bobby
  9. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

WHAT?don't all you guys drink out of beer glasses that big? life is too short to drink cheap beer!