I could use a little advice about this install

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by TriMLawN, Jun 3, 2007.

1. TriMLawN

TriMLawN LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

Thanks in advance for your replies and assistance. Just to give you a little background, I have done quite a few sprinkler repairs and I have installed additional zones on a system before. My question is whether or not I would be getting in over my head by installing an entire irrigation system in a 2 acre lot. There are a few trees, but not too many. The land is relatively flat with a few small hills. I was thinking it would be an 8 zone system. Water pressure is great. Thanks again.

2. BPC

BPC LawnSite Member

Not sure how things go in Tampa but I know here in Volusia County we have to pull a permit and you have to be a licensed irrigation contractor for that.
    There are also several codes you have to keep in mind when installing a system. I think Tampa is one of the areas that is requireing moisture sensors instead of rain sensors.

3. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

You were "thinking" an 8 zone system? How about sitting down and actually designing it out with all the hydraulics ramifications? Done right it will actually be a good system. Done wrong and you'll take it in the shorts. :)

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I done a lot of these for DIYers...there should be a contractor you could hire
    to consult on a hourly basis so you don't get your feet too wet!:cry:
    the horror stories about "why this and why that" after the fact are legion.:waving: